Washington Post Video Interview with Steve Pearlstein
I recently sat down with The Washington Post’s Steve Pearlstein for a conversation on the hard realities of leadership in crisis. I’ve included a few bullet point highlights below, but encourage you to watch the brief interview. I would greatly enjoy hearing your feedback. Once again, my thanks to Steve Pearlstein and the Washington Post.
- Intimacy is an important part of leadership – in the 21st century, leaders must connect directly and genuinely with others.
- We need more leaders in the ever-growing, ever-evolving world economy. That begins with those people currently at the forefront empowering those around them to take on greater responsibility.
- CEOs have hidden behind PR departments for too long. Press releases and canned speeches are no longer credible. Today’s CEOs must get out there in person, and be real.
- It’s important that leaders today show vulnerability in crisis. We need to share our concerns, engender trust, and ask people for help so that we can move through a crisis as effectively as possible together.
- At the end of the day, a leader’s integrity is his or her most important asset.