What I’m Reading – Leadership and Personal Development
I have been traveling quite a bit this first part of the year and it’s a guarantee that I’ll over pack on reading. I wanted to share some of the books that continue to make the packing list. The first set I want to share looks at leadership and personal development.
- “Reorganize for Resilience” by Ranjay Gulati – organizing for customer-focus, based on 600 in-person interviews
- “Love Leadership” by John Hope Bryant – straight talk from founder of Operation Hope, leader on financial literacy for everyone
The books below are to enhance your development as a leader and a human being.
- “Ethics for the New Millenium” by the Dalai Lama – brilliant insights into the nature of humanity and how society should develop
- “Emotional Intelligence” by Daniel Goleman – developing your EQ, not just your IQ
- “On Becoming a Leader” by Warren Bennis – classic book on leadership by the world’s best leadership scholar
- “5 Minds for the Future” by Howard Gardner – on the developing of our minds, tailored to our unique ways of approaching life
- “The Sermon on the Mount” by Emmet Fox – the spiritual classic on the greatest sermon ever delivered – and the most relevant to our 21st century lives
- “MBA Oath,” by Max Anderson and Peter Escher – about the need for business leaders to have a professional oath comparable to medical doctors and lawyers.