Questions to Help You Discover Your True North: Part VI
Published on September 25, 2017
If you follow my blog, Twitter feed, or Facebook page, you’ll notice a constant theme: Discover Your True North. Both leaders and corporations have to develop a True North that follows their unique principles. If you try to ‘fake it until you make it,’ you won’t just be unsuccessful; you’ll also be miserable.
How can you discover your True North so you can take steps to get where you want to go in life? You have to know what your values are and what’s important to you. To that end, I’ve come up with a list of 30 questions to help you find your True North. You shouldn’t answer them all at once, so here’s a few to begin. Take a day to carefully think each one through. Remember, if you don’t know where you’re going, any road will take you there.
- Think about your talents, passions, and values. How can you use them to serve and contribute to society?
- Why do you want to find your purpose? Write the answer down and put it somewhere you can see it. The journey isn’t always easy.
- What in your life is ‘on hold’? Until you lose weight, until you retire, etc. What are you waiting for?
- What price would you take to give up on your dreams? What price would you be willing to pay to achieve them?
- Now that you’ve answered these questions, what is your action plan? What steps will you take today?
Find the full list of questions to help you Discover Your True North here.
For more insight and exercises to help you find your True North, read Finding Your True North. It offers a full, comprehensive approach to identify and develop your own unique direction in life.